Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 2 - Shooting Fireworks

I've wanted to capture good photos of fireworks for ages. I knew I would have the opportunity tonight. My friend Tessa's family always has a big get together to celebrate the Fourth of July, and they always have great fireworks! I wanted to be prepared, so I did a little research online last night. I read one article, and I felt more confident almost instantly. There are three key components to capturing fireworks: a tripod, a small aperture, and a long shutter speed. Check, check, and check. I used the bulb setting on the camera and Joseph's remote so I could control the shutter speed, and I left the aperture at f22 (I was going to experiment, but I forgot!). I'm pleased overall with how they turned out, especially since this was my first attempt.



I love that this next one looks like fire.
I love the last two, because the trees and pond are visible. I was shocked when I saw green trees as I looked through the photos on my computer.

I'm hoping we'll be able to go downtown tomorrow and capture more fireworks. I want to experiment more with other things in the pictures.

1 comment:

About Me

Follower of Christ. 32. I have the best husband EVER, Joseph. Joseph and I are photographers (jarphotography.com). I love being crafty and serving the women of our church (though those two things don't usually happen at the same time).

Followers